Guys, I'm shaking with excitement with my YouTube launch, but I'm going to be very transparent going forth in this post.
The past year I've definitely, and maybe discernibly, lost my interest in blogging. Things seemed stale, and the pressure to look a certain way to be relevant turned me off. I don’t want to sound ungrateful; this has all been an undeniably fruitful experience. But in the face of subjecting myself to criticism and praise, I no longer wanted to feel the detrimental effects of public approval. Since I’m being transparent, this affected me – a lot. Talking to other bloggers, I learned I wasn’t in this alone. So I knew I had to detach.
During the transition of my figuring myself out, I stopped formulating outfits, donated and sold a lot of clothes and accessories, wore less makeup, freed my mind of criticism and just like that, I no longer felt consumed by my blog. This unhealthy habit I've formed stemmed from my innocent love of creating and documenting.
So I picked up a camera and started recording myself. No photoshop, no pretty outfits, just me reminding myself every day to be true to myself and my friends. Now going back on a year’s worth of footage, I can watch myself grow tremendously personally, romantically, professionally, and creatively. I seriously can’t wait to share that all with you.
I hope my candidness about the industry serves as a reminder to everyone starting blogging or has been blogging for a long time to stay true to themselves.. Don’t be swayed by what’s popular and don’t buy into hype. Grow as much as you possibly can, because once I stopped comparing, I found myself growing.
Without further ado, my channel trailer:
SUBSCRIBE
SUBSCRIBE
SUBSCRIBE
YouTube newcomer
July 16, 2014
Posted in personal





22 responses:
What an exciting venture! Good luck! Subscribed.
GET IT BABE.
LOVED your trailer! so excited for you in this new venture :) best of luck! I've subscribed.
http://heyprettything.com
I completely understand you. I sometimes feel pressured to do what everyone else does, but I know if I stick to who I am, I will achieve success. (hopefully!) And I cannot wait for your movie. Nice to see something raw from a blogger.
I'm sure Jesse is thrilled that this video is finally up ;)
http://brittannytaylor.com/blog/
This is TOO awesome! I totally get the whole "when things become stale" situation. But it's our job to go find something else that excites us right?
xo,
Carmen
The Fashion Reformation
Instagram
Facebook
Twitter
Tumblr
What a lovely video!
XO
Jeanne
http://fashionmusingsdiary.blogspot.fr
wait YES. this is awesome!! I love your style and personality, can't wait to watch your vids :))
xx TheMinxBlog.com
Thanks for being real - completely understand where you're coming from. Can't wait to see what you've documented over the last year, all the best! x
SO cool! love the video and can't wait for more!
xxoo,
nikki
www.dream-in-neon.com
I love your authenticity! Loved the trailer and can't wait to see more videos from you!
-Kim
www.prettyslickchick.com
Super cute trailer! Welcome to Youtube. I'm also a newcomer myself. Hope you don't mind checking out my channel (http://youtube.com/user/sartorialust)! Would love it if we would support each other on this new journey of creating videos! X
Rachel! I've been such a fan of your blog for years now and I can completely identify with some of the things you've said - the pressure in particular. So excited for you and your new venture, can't wait to see your videos - the trailer looks amazing x
ohmygilded.blogspot.com
you're absolutely perfect. i cant
Yay I'm so happy for you! I've been following you for a long time (since before you made those videos with Ted!) and it's been nice to see you do your own thing.
Lots of love!
Blue Valentine Vintage
I am so excited!
XO CHAMA FASHION
www.chamafashion.com
What a bold move, awesome! Excited to see more.
Aw yay! Ya, I remember your vlogs from way way back. Excited for this project of yours. I've been doing videography that I'm excited about on my blog too. Feel free to check it out! Thanks in advance.
- Christina www.cityloveee.blogspot.com
Birllant! So happy for you!!
http://aprettythought.org/
Are you Vietnamese, Rachel?
qihang0909,uggs sale
retro jordans
polo ralph lauren uk
prada uk outlet
toms wedges
louis vuitton outlet
cheap lebron james shoes
celine handbags
abercrombie & fitch,abercrombie outlet,abercrombie kids
jordan 6 rings
oakley sunglasses wholesale
ed hardy outlet store
jeremy scott adidas
coach outlet
giuseppe zanotti outlet
mont blanc mountain
gucci bags
louis vuitton handbags
jordan 11
louis vuitton outlet
mcm outlet
timberland outlet
coach factory
fitflop shoes
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton handbags
louis vuitton outlet
polo ralph lauren
burberry outlet online
q
jianbin1026
air jordan 13 free shipping
bottega veneta outlet online
supra footwear
hollister,hollister canada,abercrombie and fitch,abercrombie,abercrombie fitch,abercrombie kids,a&f
wedding dresses
ysl outlet online
mizuno shoes
nike soccer shoes
vans sneakers
nike outlet
nike shoes
nike sneakers
nike free
nike running shoes
nike air max 2014
nike air max 90
chicago blackhawks
chicago bears
green bay packers
new orleans saints
oakland raiders
philadelphia eagles
san francisco 49ers
atlanta falcons
dallas cowboys
indianapolis colts
kansas city chiefs
miami dolphins
minnesota vikings
Post a Comment
Sorry! Gotta go through the CAPTCHA because I'm getting too much spam.