Today we talk denim. As some of you know, I worked in denim for a hot second. My career was long enough to give me a fresh perspective on fabrics, cuts, and hardware, and short enough for me stay curious. Which then lead me to an eternal quest for the perfect denim pieces for the minimal girls' wardrobe.
A couple months ago, I approached AG to work on a project with them. It was their choice of model for the ad campaigns (Daria Werbowy), hospitality of Nobu sushi at their tradeshow booth, and quality of products that had me drooling to work with them. I'm definitely not discounting all the other denim brands that are killing right now, but there is a well-rounded appeal that I immediately related to with AG.
Slight tangent, have you guys seen how amazing Alexa Chung's collaboration turned out with AG? I had mix emotions of obsession and utter jealousy. As in, I wish I thought of it first. But that sounds bigoted of me - I happily got two pieces from her line. Pictures coming soon.
So I wanted to do something special for AG. Curate my selection of what I believe to be their absolute, must-have pieces. Wherever you get your denim, here are my universal tips for the perfect pieces:
- 1 washed, 1 raw, 1 black, 1 jacket, 2 dresses, 1 skirt
- 1 high rise, 1 baggy low-rise, 1 cropped (mix and match how you like. Below is how I arranged it)
- Must: 9.5-10" front-rise high-waisted medium washed skinny jeans
- Get: Rinsed-selvedge boyfriend low-rise jeans
- Must: Black ankle cropped jeans (not pictured)
- Get: A washed out denim jacket two sizes bigger
- Fabrics: Try not to go stretchier than a 98co/2e. Wear 100co if you can deal with the stiffness.
- Washing: Go as long as you can without washing your jeans - if you do, do it in cold water, inside-out, and low heat drying to air dry.
- Fit: Smaller pockets = better ass
- Wash: Keep it simple. Easy whiskering to none at all. Destruction should look effortless and accidental.
- Fit: I might have shedded some bloat from not drinking this month, but that lead me to size down on the pants I'm wearing.












Also styled: NY hat from some vendor, Fucking Awesome Chloe skate deck, pink bandeau from the depths of my closet, thrifted lace top, Zara fringe skirt, Dodger's shirt from the stadium, long cardigan from Growze.





24 responses:
I watched your Youtube video where you attend Alexa Chung's event, and I have to say it seemed like that dress was tailored for you, definitely can understand why you felt like you could have done a similar line :)
www.recalcitrantgirl.com
love your post and pictures. Nevertheless not the greatest tips for girls like me ( I am a bit curvier in the bottom, so lots of jeans just do not flatter me :( would love the wear it, just does not look that well hihi.
xx
curvybird.blogspot.nl
Cool cap and gorgeous denim!
♥♥♥
Jeanne
http://fashionmusingsdiary.com
Nice photoshoot !
http://www.kitschissime.com/
I felt the same way about the Alexa Chung for AG collection. I snagged two pieces from it and I am wearing the skirt I snagged in my most recent post. I really love these shots and I agree with you about AG Jeans. I also wash my denim the same way you recommended =)
www.FashionSnag.com
Looking awesome girl ;)
xo Jenny
❤ Tsangtastic.com
Love this! Amazing denim! xx
www.getup-goblog.blogspot.com
Great tips, love the photos.
http://www.mintnotion.com
I love how cheeky and fresh your photos are!
xxLK
http://ellekae.com
This is so rad Rachel! This photo set is pretty cool. I particularly like the second one with all the black and white selfies. Reminds me of a photobooth! I never heard of AG until I found out about the Alexa Chung collaboration. But I've been trawling their site since and hearing your good experiences with them only makes me fall in lust a little bit more.
I'm all about good denim. Partial to Paige and dl. Www.getchaglowon.com
Love this casual outfit!
http://www.bonnie-bandie.com/
I love these self portraits and those first pair of jeans <3
/ O.R.R.
Are you dreaming about fancy sunglasses? Diffrent than all you’ve seen before. Those are wooden, soft and handmade. Just take a look!
Fashion Blogspot:
Fashion is always the hot and yearning desire of the people. I was surfing over the net for some fab posts, that is really aweso...
trimmer-Nose & Hair in Pakistan
Face Make-up
Eyes Make-up
Nails Products
Lips Make-up
False Nails 3D PINK Art
Pack Of 2 Loreal Paris Kajal Magique
Men's Cosmetic Shaper And Groomer
this is a KILLER outfit! love it
bella
http://sincerelyisabella.blogspot.com.au
kobe 9 elite
green bay packers jerseys
lebron james shoes
fred perry sale
burberry outlet
hollister clothing
burberry outlet, http://www.burberryoutletonlinestore.com.co
babyliss pro
hollister canada, http://www.hollistercanada.com
air max 90
lacoste outlet
ghd hair straighteners
oakley canada, http://www.oakleysunglassescanada.com
ray ban sunglasses
ralph lauren polo shirts
five fingers shoes
vans shoes
gucci handbags
michael kors uk
ray-ban sunglasses, http://www.ray-bansunglassess.in.net
tory burch outlet
marc jacobs
kobe shoes
longchamp outlet
hollister, http://www.hollistercanada.com
san antonio spurs jerseys
tiffany and co jewelry
nba jerseys, http://www.nbajerseys.us.com
supra shoes
ugg uk
tory burch shoes
oklahoma city thunder jerseys
coach outlet
tory burch outlet
giuseppe zanotti outlet
achang0807
Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. happy new year 2016 new year 2016 bonne année 2016 happy new year 2016 images new year 2016 images imagenes de año nuevo 2016 feliz año nuevo 2016
jianbin1026
air jordan 13 free shipping
bottega veneta outlet online
supra footwear
hollister,hollister canada,abercrombie and fitch,abercrombie,abercrombie fitch,abercrombie kids,a&f
wedding dresses
ysl outlet online
mizuno shoes
nike soccer shoes
vans sneakers
nike outlet
nike shoes
nike sneakers
nike free
nike running shoes
nike air max 2014
nike air max 90
chicago blackhawks
chicago bears
green bay packers
new orleans saints
oakland raiders
philadelphia eagles
san francisco 49ers
atlanta falcons
dallas cowboys
indianapolis colts
kansas city chiefs
miami dolphins
minnesota vikings
Sporting few of stuart weitzman boots shoes and boots is unquestionably one of stuart weitzman uk the requirements for a bride to create her wedding unforgettable stuart weitzman canada Collectively elegant marriage ceremony
http://www.fieldingmfg.com/news.asp
http://www.lamplighterproducts.co.uk
http://www.stuartweilzman.com
Happy Valentines Day 2016
Valentines Day Best Wishes
Valentines Day messages for wife
Valentines Day purpose ideas
Valentines Day romantic lines
Valentines Day love quotes
Valentines Day greeting cards
Valentines Day sms wishes
Valentines Day couple images
Valentines Day hd photos sexy
Nice pics
ipro Academy Review
ipro Academy Bonus
ipro Academy Training
chenlili20160319
basketball shoes
michael kors handbags
kate spade purses
true religion
ray ban sunglasses
oakley outlet
prada outlet
coach outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores
ray ban outlet
ray bans
ray ban sunglasses
ray ban
coach outlet online
michael kors outlet
ugg boots
nike running shoes for men
air max 95
michael kors handbags
air jordan 8
ray ban outlet
coach outlet
canada goose sale
cheap uggs
hollister clothing
ray ban
nike free 5.0
louis vuitton handbags
gucci outlet
nfl jerseys
gucci bags
coach outlet online
louis vuitton purses
christian louboutin shoes
abercrombie clothing
coach factory outlet
designer handbags
coach outlet store online
Nice post. Keep it up. Thanks!
exercise machines
exercise equipment
gym equipment
bodybuilding
weight machine
gym machines
home gym
exercise cycle
exercise bike
cycling machine
recumbent bike
treadmill
treadmill for sale
running machine
elliptical
elliptical machine
elliptical trainer
trx
trx suspension training
bench press
dumbbells
Post a Comment
Sorry! Gotta go through the CAPTCHA because I'm getting too much spam.